Gilding or Gilt Cream is a mixture of bronze powders mixed into a paste wax with a little turpentine. They are available in different metallic colours. The surface should be sealed first - there are suggestions on the data sheet. Paste wax or beeswax is also suitable. The creams can be applied thickly or wiped on with a finger for a translucent metallic sheen.
- Bronze powders are very versatile:
- Push gently onto prepared water based gold size with a soft brush for a dense metallic finish
- Mix into solvent based varnish to make a metallic paint.
- Combine with wax to make gilt cream.
- All products based on bronze powders will tarnish and should be sealed. Use a top coat of wax, varnish or shellac as appropriate.
- Bailey Paints Bronze Power Copper 06 25GBrand: Bailey Paints Units: 25G Price: £5.76Price ex VAT: £4.80
- Bailey Paints Bronze Power Deep Gold 04 25GBrand: Bailey Paints Units: 25G Price: £5.76Price ex VAT: £4.80
- Bailey Paints Bronze Power Light Gold 03 25GBrand: Bailey Paints Units: 25G Price: £5.76Price ex VAT: £4.80